I was recently interviewed by Jack Sweeney for his podcast series called CFO Thought Leader. This was the second time I was interviewed by Sweeney, and I enjoyed the conversation. I believe you may find the conversation interesting and relevant.
Here are some of the things that were discussed. (You can find the listen to, download or find the iTunes link below)
- Helping companies hire their next CFO with the correct chemistry for the company.
- Key reasons a company needs to work with an executive search firm to hire their next CFO.
- The courtship process in hiring a new CFO.
- Voice clip of Brad Dickerson, CFO at Under Armour, previously interviewed Jack Sweeney, discussing what he wished he knew at the beginning of his CFO career.
- Young CFOs who are “Jumping the curve”.
“Patience is a virtue, and CFOs need to be virtuous.”
“Today’s CFO is all encompassing. CFOs have to be involved and responsible for everything. As CFO, you need to know what you can and cannot do. The importance of the complete finance team allows you to be as successful as possible.”
- Private Equity firms and the influence they have over the placement of CFOs in mid-size market.
“The CFO is a significant part of the valuation of a company.”
- The CFO career path – jumping to larger ship vs. niching down.
- CFO Hiring – from within the same industry or outside the industry?
If any of these topics are of interest to you, you will find this podcast to be worth listening to. (23 minutes)
Which comments resonate most with you? Let me know what you think below, or privately by email.